We live in a fast paced world and do not have ample time to sit down for proper breakfasts or lunches. We would rather eat small meals during the day. Eating 5-6 small meals during the day is healthier that eating 3 big meals, but as they say you are what you eat
Some on-the-go foods seem to fill you up better than others. Bananas will keep you going for quite some time during meals but as you can see in the InfoGraphic below they have the same sugar crashing content as than that of cookies. The busier you are in a day the more energy you will burn.
Energy rich foods include the following:
- Boiled eggs, but do not over do this as too much egg yolk can have an effect on your body in a negative way.
- Soy beans or soy products
- Whole grain cereals are great to eat in the morning or even snack on during the day.
- Nuts will benefit you in more than one way, but only eat them in raw form as the salted nuts contain too much salt and some properties are lost during the roasting period.
- Raisins are best taken in small quantities as they too contain sugar.
- Drinking 1,5 – 2 liters of water per day will keep you fuller for longer. It is best to drink small quantities of water during the day as you will stay hydrated for longer.
- Quinoa is a gluten-free grain and almost resembles rice.
- Pumpkin seeds are easy to snack on during the day and they are loaded with energy.
- Goji berries don’t have the greatest taste but they are very good for your overall health.
It is best to set times for at least 3 meals per day, breakfast @ 8:00; lunch @12:00; dinner @ 18:00. By doing this your body will get into a routine and you will not get hungry before set time. Always have snacks and water on hand, mixed nuts, seeds and dried fruit you like best and keep it in an air tight container in you drawer. Write the expiry date on the bottom of the container so you can keep track. Never refill this container, start a new one as some older nuts may contaminate the newer nuts. For those of you who need a gluten free diet you can also snack on coconut shavings, they are tasty and do wonders for your health as well as your skin.
Exercise will improve blood circulation as well as digestion. Ozone therapy has also proven to be a great benefit in improving vitamin and mineral absorption during digestion, thus after a meal or snack your body will absorb more nutrients, helping your body stay happier for longer. By getting ozone therapy you will also detox your body of harmful toxins making you feel tired and sluggish.
What will you snack on?