We have been bombarded by calories over the past few years, this is mainly due to the high obesity rate in the world.
Here are the top ten obese countries in the world:
- Nauru (a tiny pacific island). 95% of the people on this island are obese this is mainly due to a traditional ceremony where they fatten people to show wealth and power. They also blame western fast food companies.
- Right behind Nauru island there is an island called Micronesia were 92% of the population is obese.
- The Cook Islands are also located in the pacific, 92% of their population is obese. They also regard their incline in weight to imported western fast foods as they no longer follow their ancestors diet of fresh fruit, vegetables and fish.
- Tonga Island is located in the Pacific Ocean and has an obesity rate of 92%. This is due to poor diet which includes a high consumption of spam and corned beef. The people of this island also rarely exercise.
- Nieu Island is number 5 on the list where 84% of the population is obese.
- Samoa is a group of islands near New Zealand. 83% of this country suffers from obesity.
- 77% of Palau island’s people are obese.
- The United States has been a leader in obesity especially childhood obesity. More than 74% of its population is obese, remember the US population is over 300 million.
- Kiribati is also a pacific island where 73% of the population suffers from obesity.
- The Caribbean island, Dominica has a 71% obesity rate.
The main cause of obesity is lack of exercise and high calorie foods. 1 calorie is the amount of energy used to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water to 1 degree centigrade. Different foods have different levels of energy, thus a small piece of cake is not equal in energy than the same size of a piece of fruit. An adult male’s calorie intake should be between 2500 and 2700 where as an average woman’s should be between 2000-2200. Each person’s calorie intake will differ from that of others. It all depends on how active you are. If you have an active type job, for example a waiter, you may consume a little bit more calories than a person with a desk job. Calories are normally visible on food packaging. There are also numerous Apps available for calculation your daily calorie intake.
Calories are easier gained than lost. It is better to keep an eye on your weight rather to pack on the pound and fail when trying to lose them. In losing weight you have to do hard physical work to get your ‘old’ body back. Most people do not have the time to go to the gym regularly and I can confess this, if you are not a gym person you will never be one. Plastic surgery has lately been the craze to help people lose weight. Surgery can be very expensive and if done wrong you may sit with more troubles than just having a bit of flab. Thus it is better to lose weight by taking a natural route. Eat healthy and stay in your margin of calorie intake. A good way to help lose a few extra pounds is by going for ozone therapy. Ozone will enhance the body’s metabolism, increase oxygen levels in blood, improves blood circulation, neutralizes toxins and impurities and breaks up fatty deposits reducing signs of cellulite. Ozone therapy can help you loose 250-500 calories in one session of about 30 minutes. Ozone therapy combined with a good balanced diet will enhance not only your weight loss but will improve your overall health.
Where do you get your calories?