When it comes to hygiene I can be a bit OCD. Being clean and neat is of utmost importance, especially when dealing with clients or working in an office with others. Personal hygiene can say a lot about a person.
It can make you more approachable and can make your job a whole lot easier. People tend to stay away from individuals with poor personal hygiene. Keeping up a good personal hygiene is not difficult. The following things are vital:
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss once daily. If you are prone to gingivitis or bad breath, it might be a good idea to combine the above with a good mouthwash.
- Bath/ shower daily. If you tend to sweat during the night, rather shower or bath before going to work as you will smell fresher. Use a good antiperspirant, it takes some time to get the right one but it all comes down to a matter of elimination. People confuse deodorant with antiperspirant, deodorant is more of a perfume where antiperspirant reduces perspiration.
- Trim and clean your nails. It is important to clean your nails daily, it is best when done during a shower/ bath as the warm water will loosen any extra dirt stuck under the nails. It is important to trim your nails on a weekly basis. Men should not have long nails and if a women has long nails they should be in pristine condition and should not be too long as it might interfere or reduce productivity.
- Wash your hair. If you have longer hair, it is best to wash your hair daily or every second day, depending on how oily your hair is. Make sure to wash out any gel or hairspray. We all suffer from dandruff at at least one point in our life. To prevent this from happening you should alternate between normal shampoo and conditioner and anti dandruff shampoo. Prevention is key.
- Wash your hands. It is vital to wash your hands during the day. Wash your hands before and after you had a meal. Wash your hands when you’ve finished in the bathroom. Try not to touch too many surfaces after washing your hands, as you might cross contaminate surfaces e.g. your keyboard. Did you know more than half of diarrhea cases occurred due to a lack of hand hygiene.
- Get enough sleep. If you get enough sleep during the night you will wake up refreshed and bright eyed. You can bath and prep as much as you want, but if you are tired you will look tired and run down. Get in between 7 and 8 hours of sleep every night.
- Eat a healthy diet. Diet plays a big role when it comes to your appearance drinking enough water will drastically improve your skin. Eating oily and sugary foods might increase your chances of developing spots, acne, dandruff, oily hair and bad breath.
To improve your skin you can opt for Ozone Therapy. Ozone Therapy may reduce acne as it neutralizes toxins and impurities in the body, kills bad bacteria and improves blood circulation. Ozone also reduces your chance of developing eczema, psoriasis, poor blood circulation related diseases, cellulite and cold & flu.
Will you be practicing good personal hygiene?