Herbs and spices have been used in food and medicine for centuries. Most of the western world are rejecting herbs as a form of medicine due to the high growth in over-the-counter drugs.
Places like Asia and India on the other hand still rely largely on herbs for healing as doctors and drugs are not easily accessible and are a lot more expensive. In Eastern countries, herbs are incorporated into their daily diet, thus preventing illness rather than healing. We can learn a lot from these ancient traditions and start incorporating more herbs and spices into our diet.
Here are a list of herbs and spices and their benefits:
- Cinnamon – lowers cholesterol, LDL and blood sugar and will reduce inflammation, alleviate nausea and is a great source of manganese, iron and calcium. Try to include 1/2 teaspoon; twice daily.
- Turmeric – may inhibit cancer growth in the body and reduce pain and in some cases reduce chances of developing Alzheimer’s disease. Aim for a 1/4 teaspoon per day.
- Rosemary – reduce chances of developing cancer and heart disease. Aim for 2 teaspoons twice a week.
- Garlic – Reduce chances of developing cancer and fights signs and symptoms of flu. Eating garlic daily is not a bad idea, but when working with others it might become an issue. Opt for herbal garlic pills, they have the same benefits, without the lingering odour.
- Oregano – has been proven to be the highest in antioxidant of all the herbs and spices. It is also antiviral, antibacterial and has antibiotic properties. You can work in a bunch of oregano into any dish or salad.
- Ginger – Is great for nausea, morning sickness and other stomach problems. Ginger is not particularly pleasant to eat thus you can rather opt for ginger beer or even herbal ginger capsules.
- Cayenne – reduces aches and pains and improves your metabolism and immune system. You can eat 1 teaspoon mixed with honey every morning, to give you a great boost for the day.
Boost your immune system with Ozone Therapy. Ozone therapy has been proven to aid in relieving signs and symptoms of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, lupus, kidney disease, flu, inflammation, yeast infections, detox and to speed up your metabolism.
Will you be giving your immune system the much needed boost?