When I think about Lasagna I immediately think friends and family. There is nothing better than sitting around a full table enjoying big helpings of lasagna, ciabatta, Italian salad and red wine.
This recipe is great for those of you who can’t eat dairy and serves about 6.
- 500g Beef mince
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Brown onion, chopped finely
- 3 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs Oregano
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 800g Italian diced tomatoes in a can
- 50g Dairy free margarine
- 1/4 cup Plain flour
- 2 cups Soy milk
- 125g Chive soy cheese, grated
- 150g Lasagna sheets, dry
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a 5cm deep and 22cm x 32cm oven proof dish.
- Heat olive oil in saucepan. Add oregano, garlic and onions. Cook until onions are brown.
- Add mince in pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until mince is nice an brown.
- Add tomato paste and simmer for about 1 minute.
- Add wine and cook until wine has reduced to about half of what it was.
- Add canned tomatoes and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, melt margarine and add flour. Whisk ingredients for about 2 minutes until it starts to bubble. Gradually add soy milk. Keep on whisking as mixture might burn.
- After about 2 minutes of whisking (mixture should be thick by now) stir in about 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Now it is time to start layering. I usually put a small amount of cheese sauce at the bottom, then comes the lasagna sheets, tomato mince mixture and again white sauce.
- Continue these steps until all the mince has been used.
- Remember to end with the cheese sauce on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes until nice an golden brown. Serve and enjoy!
Resource: Taste .com .au