Most of us believe that gluten free, dairy free and any other type of -free diets are dull and boring and that you will have to follow a bland diet, without any fun or delights. This is very far from the truth.
This delicious recipe is very easy to make and serves about 6 people.
- 100g Dark chocolate (I prefer a good quality like Lindt)
- 400ml Coffee flavoured soy milk
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Dark Cocoa powder
- 2 tbs Cornflour
- 1/3 cups caster sugar
- 75g Almond meal
- 1 2/3 cups Plain flour
- 75g Olive oil spread
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp iced water
- Place flour, Olive oil spread and icing sugar in mixing bowl and combine well. Add iced water and combine until dough becomes a smooth ball.
- Wrap dough in cling film. Place in fridge to chill for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Roll out dough. Be sure not to roll out the pastry too thick. Place in 23cm tart pan and remove edges. Chill base for about 10 minutes in the fridge.
- Line tart base with baking paper. Add some raw rice or beans on top and blind bake for about 15 minutes. Remove beans/ rice and baking paper and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven heat to 160 degrees Celsius.
- In a saucepan add soy milk and chocolate stirring continuously over a low heat until all the chocolate has melted.
- In a separate mixing bowl lightly whisk together eggs, cocoa, cornflour and sugar until combined.
- Whisk in chocolate mixture and add almond meal.
- Pour mixture into tart base and bake in the oven for 30 minutes until just set.
- Cool and sprinkle tart with caster sugar and some grated chocolate
- Serve and enjoy!
Resource: Taste .com.au