This recipe is perfect for any diabetic looking for a delicious dinner recipe. This recipe yields 4 servings and takes about 30 minutes to prepare. One serving contains about 221 Calories.
- 1 1/2 tsp Blackened seasoning
- 4 Chicken breast, skinless & de-boned
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 diced Avocado
- 2 tbsp Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 lime, cut into fourths
- Place a sheet of cling film on a flat surface and place the chicken breasts on top. Fold one side over and lightly hammer on the cling film on top of the chicken. This method reduces damage when flattening the breast and makes it easier to clean your meat mallet.
- Remove the top cling film and season the breast on both sides with the seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Make sure the oil is hot enough so that the chicken won’t absorb too much of the oil. The skillet should also not be too hot as the chicken might only cook or even burn on the outside but still be raw on the inside.
- Cook the chicken breast on one side until cooked just over half way through, turn the breast around and cook the other side until completely cooked through. Make sure not to over cook. This takes some time to perfect, but luckily this is a gorgeous recipe so practicing won’t be too much of an effort.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the avocado, cilantro, pepper, lime juice and salt.
- When fully cooked place the chicken on your serving dish and top with your avocado mixture. Squeeze one kwarter of a lemon onto each chicken breast.
- Serve and enjoy!
Source: Health .com