Here is a recipe for those of you who love adding a bit of Italian to your Summer. This recipe will go great with lamb or even spicy chicken skewers.
The tart serves 8. Each serving adds up to about 230 calories.
- 400g package refrigerated pie dough
- Spray and Cook
- 70g fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup pitted olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup shallots, diced
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1cm thick slices
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/4 cups low fat milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp Parmesan, grated
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius.
- Roll dough into 30cm circle. Place dough into buttered oven proof dish.
- Add fontina cheese, shallots, olives and place half of the tomato slices on top.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, thyme, cornmeal and sprinkle over tomatoes in dish.
- Top with remaining tomato slices and season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl lightly whisk milk and eggs together and add Parmesan. Pour mixture over dish and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Place fresh basil on top and rest tart for about 10 minutes after baking.
- Serve and enjoy!
Resource: Cooking light