Ulcers are healing wounds that develop on the skin, mucous membranes or eye. The most common ulcers are stomach, foot and mouth ulcers, but you get quite a lot of different types of ulcers.
- Peptic ulcer – ulcers located in the stomach, oesophagus cardium or duodenum.
- Mouth ulcer – ulcers in and around the mount.
- Pressure ulcer – also know are bedsores, are ulcers that develop on the skin due to longterm pressure.
- Crural ulcer – due to venous insufficiency or other causes, usually located on the lower part of the body.
- Hunner’s ulcer – ulcers in the bladder caused by interstitial cystitis.
- Ulcerative colitis – ulcers located in the colon/ digestive tract.
- Curling’s ulcer – ulcers in the duodenum.
- Cushing ulcer – is a gastric ulcer produced by elevated pressure in the stomach or duodenum.
- Arterial insufficiency ulcer – ulcers located on the ankles and distal digits commonly caused by peripheral artery disease (PAD).
- Venous insufficiency ulcer – wounds that occur due to improper functioning of venous valves.
- Diabetic foot ulcer – a major complication of diabetes mellitus.
- Corneal ulcer – ulcers that form around the cornea, usually caused by an infection.
There are multiple causes of ulcers, but the most common causes are;
- Loss of integrity of the area
- Poor blood circulation
- Secondary infection of the site by bacteria, fungus or virus
- Low immune system
- Delayed healing
- Stress & anxiety
If you have developed an ulcer consult with your general practitioner immediately. Ozone therapy can help treat and prevent ulcers from forming. Ozone Saunas improves blood circulation, kills viruses and bacteria, decreases swelling, speeds up recovery, neutralises toxins and impurities and boosts your immune system.
For more info on Ozone Therapy please feel free to contact us:
+27 (0)72 422 1967
Sign up for our weekly newsletter to keep up to date on the latest news:
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]