How many times have you heard someone say; or ever found yourself saying; “I eat very healthy, why am I gaining weight?” or “Why am I not loosing weight?”.
Well, the answer to that is quite easy. You’re eating wrong! 80% of all people who count their calories, count them wrongly or even leave out snacks and other sugar rich beverages. Lets face it we all love a snack here and there, but there is no shame in admitting to the amount you eat each day. If you live in denial you will never reach a healthy weight and maintain it.
Adult women should consume about 2000 calories each day where and adult man should consume about 2500. I have found that you can eat about anything, the most important thing to remember is to do so in moderation and limit your sauces, juices and dressings. Know what you are eating, some foods may seem “good”, but can be the complete opposite.
Here are a few foods with high calorie content:
- Breakfast cereal, especially when you add sugar
- Peanut butter, especially when eaten on a slice or two of bread topped with jam or syrup.
- Chocolate spread
- Cheese, people tend to add too much cheese. Cheese, should be more of a hint in a dish and not the main player.
- Salad dressings can contain 80 calories in just one simple tablespoon
- Butter, always use a lighter butter and use sparingly.
- Chocolate, need I say more?
- Pure fruit juice, contains about 60 calories in one small serving. This is due to the high sugar content in fruit. Remember you use about 3-5 fruits to make one small glass of juice.
- A banana, contains a whopping 120 calories. Combining that with your breakfast cereal or peanut butter makes it a calorie bomb.
There is an endless list of other high calorie foods. It is important to take a good hard look at what you are eating and do the research. If you struggle to loose weight there is definitely a reason. If you can’t seem to figure out where you are going wrong it may be a good idea to go see your GP or a dietician. There might be bigger things at play like thyroid problems or even diabetes.
If you would like to loose some extra weight opt for Ozone Therapy. You can loose up to 500 calories in one 30 minute session. Ozone Therapy will also improve your health and fight signs of diabetes, thyroid problems, cancer, depression and heart disease. Ozone Therapy will also help your body to detox and get rid of any toxins and impurities.
Will you be keeping a closer eye on your diet?