And here we are.. another year is almost at its end and the holidays are creeping closer. But before we get all relaxed we have one last important thing to do… It’s almost “Movember”, yes, I mean Mo-vember.
For those of you who have no idea what I’m talking about Movember is a movement to raise awareness for prostate and testicular cancer and mental health. Men who would like to raise awareness can participate by growing a mustache for 30 days during the month of November. These men are called Mo’s. Mo’s should start their “Mo” growing journey on the first of November with a clean shaven face. Thereafter Mo’s can shape and trim their Mo’s into any shape or form.
See what type of trust meter your Mo may have in the info graphic below.
Movember is an international awareness month. Mens health is not as focused upon as that of women but prostate and testicular cancer is just as serious as any other type of cancer. Causes of testicular include the following:
- Undescended testicles, where the testicles develop inside the abdomen when a baby is still in the womb.
- Age, men between the age of 20 and 44; 90% of cases are in men under the age of 55.
- Race, testicular cancer is more common in caucasian men. Asian and African men are not out of danger but testicular cancer is less common in these races.
- Family history, if you had a close family member who had testicular cancer you are 4 to 6 times more likely to develop it.
- Infertility, men who are infertile have a big chance of developing testicular cancer
- Smoking, if you have been smoking for more than 10 years your chances of getting testicular cancer has doubled.
- HIV and AIDS, due to a low immune system men with HIV and Aids are more likely to develop cancer.
Testicular cancer can be prevented by living a healthier more natural life. Ozone therapy has many health benefits for people with cancer. Ozone can purify the blood, increase white cell production, prevents and combats cancer cells and also combat side-effects if one have chemo therapy. Men should eat healthier, find out more about cancer, go for ozone therapy and go for regular check-ups with their doctor, long before any health issues have occurred. If you would like to become an official Mo or find out more you can visit: http://za.movember.com/?home
What type of Mo would you like to have?