This delicious recipe is easy to make and yields 4 servings.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 800g Chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 200g Mushrooms
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g tub Sour cream
- 1 tbsp Sweet paprika
- 140g tub Tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups Self-raising flour
Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
For the Casserole:
- Over a medium heat, heat a large non-stick frying pan and oil.
- Place chicken, in batches, in the pan and brown for about 4 minutes on each side until just cooked and browned. Set aside.
- In another pan, brown the mushrooms and garlic until tender.
- Place the mushroom mixture in a medium mixing bowl. Add half of the sour cream and stir to combine. Gradually stir in 1 1/2 cups of cold water. Set aside
- Add paprika to your chicken. Cook for 1 minute, stir continuously.
- Add tomato paste and cook for another minute, stirring continuously.
- Add the mushroom mixture and reduce heat. Simmer for about 6 minutes. When the mixture has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Pour the chicken mixture into a shallow casserole dish.
For the dumplings:
- In a mixing bowl. Whisk the remaining sour cream and 1/1/2 cups of water until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, place the flour and make a small well.
- Add the sour cream mixture and gently combine with a butter knife until the mixture has just come together.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface and kneed gently to form 2cm thick round. Do not over kneed. Use a 5cm cookie cutter to cut rounds from the dough.
- Place dumplings on top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until dumplings are golden and mixture is bubbling away at the edges.
- Serve and enjoy!
Source: Taste Magazine Australia