This delicious gluten free, low sugar, recipe is easy to make and yields about 20 servings.
- 1 cup Coconut flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 12 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Rice malt syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2/3 cups Coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup Raspberry jam (optional)
- 2 cups Shredded or desiccated coconut.
- 1/2 cup raw Cacao butter
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Raw cacao powder
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Lightly grease and line a 20cm square lamington tray with cook and spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla extract and rice malt syrup. It is best to use and electric mixer.
- Add the coconut oil and beat until just combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, add the coconut flour and baking powder.
- Scoop the sponge mixture into your prepared tray. Make sure the top is nice and smooth. Do not work the dough too much as it will result in a dense sponge.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden.
- Remove sponge from oven. Set aside to cool completely.
- When cooled, remove the sponge from the pan. Cut the sponge into 3cm x 3cm squares.
- If you would like to add a layer of jam, cut the squares in half and spread one side with jam. Top with other half.
- On a low heat in a saucepan, combine the cacao butter, coconut oil and raw cacao powder. Stir until combined.
- Pour the sauce into a large shallow bowl.
- On a plate, place the shredded coconut.
- Dip the first square into the chocolate sauce, coat evenly. Allow excess sauce to drip off and then evenly coat with coconut shavings.
- Place lamingtons on wire rack and allow to cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by Meg Yonson @ Iquitsugar .com