This delicious recipe is super easy to make and yields about 4 servings. For a healthier option, opt for whole wheat pasta instead of white pasta. Remember to always read the nutritional label. Persons suffering from gallbladder disease should consume food that are lower than 3g saturated fat per 100g serving.
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Zest 2 Lemons
- 400g pasta
- 200g fresh or frozen peas
- 20g pack Basil
- Add water to a pot and bring to the boil. Add salt and pasta. Cook as per packet instructions.
- Add the peas to the pasta 2 minutes before al dente.
- In a medium frying pan over a medium heat. Heat the oil, then add the chili and garlic. Fry until lightly golden.
- Add zest and stir.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and place pasta back in the pot.
- Add garlic mixture. Tear in the basil and add olive oil to taste. Stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper, serve and enjoy!
Source: Taste Magazine Australia