Your skin is the largest organ in your body and deserves some much needed love and attention. Your skin is a indication of the type of person your are, extreme and outdoor, conserved and indoor, no matter what type of person you are your skin must always be your number one priority.
Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer in the USA and will effect one in five. There are three types of skin cancer basal cel carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma. No one is immune to developing skin cancer and should all steps and measures be taken to prevent it. In the infoGraphic below you can read more about the types of skin cancer as well as the causes.
Here are some interesting facts giving us even more reason to appreciate our skin:
- The average skin, when stretched out is about 2 square meters
- 15% of your body weight is skin alone
- Your eyelid has the thinnest skin on your whole body, measuring to about 0.02mm thick
- The soles of your feet has the thickest skin, measuring to about 1.4mm thick
- Body hair grows for about 2-6 years and you will loose between 20-100 hairs daily
- Over 50% of the dust in your home is dead skin
- You shed about 30 000 dead skin cells every minute
- 1 in 110 000 people have albinism, this is due to the lack of melanocytes
- It takes about 6 months before a baby develops his permanent skin tone
It is important to always wear sunscreen when going outside, even if the sun isn’t out. Smoking and alcohol may also damage your skin. Getting enough sleep and taking a bath daily is very important for your skin to look and feel healthy.
To supercharge your skin health, you can combine Ozone Therapy with a good skin care routine. Ozone Therapy relieves itchiness of the skin, fights infection, fights inflammation, neutralizes toxins and impurities, reduce signs of acne, kills bad bacteria, improves blood circulation and softens the skin.
Will you be proactive when it comes to your skin?