As a bit of a germaphobe, I tend to be a bit over the top when it comes to the spreading of germs. I will not touch public surfaces like counter tops, escalator railings, railings on stairs or elevator buttons.
I get severely irritable when people stand too close to me in a queue and when they touch your arm or brush by you. Sometimes I feel like I’m part of a dance competition when I’m walking in a mall. I duck and dive where ever possible.
On a more serious and sane note, how do germs really spread? If you touch a germ invested surface, some germs will stick to your hand, then when you touch your mouth/ eating utensils or glassware you can then ingest these germs which can lead to upset stomachs, viruses and other contagious diseases. It is of utmost importance to wash your hands regularly. View our infoGraphic below.
Where are the most germs?
- Wallets & Handbags – Money contains high levels of germs, these germs then stick to your wallet. Some women also tend to place their handbags on the floor in restaurants or at the office. Floors are never clean enough, rather place your handbag on a table or chair.
- TV Remote – Many people do not wash their hands after going to the bathroom, so when touching the remote those germs are transferred.
- Laundry Machines – This includes public washing machines and home washing machines. Each piece of underwear contains about 0.1 gram of fecal matter. Fecal matter = Ecoli. Make sure to rinse your machine at least once a month with extremely hot water.
- Cutting boards – Most people do not wash their cutting boards properly as they only rinse it off or wipe it down. Always use soap to clean you cutting board.
- Phones – Most people take their phones everywhere they go, the germs are self explanatory. Make sure to wipe you phone with a disinfectant cloth once a week.
- Shopping carts – are touched by millions of people everyday, you have no idea where the previous person has been or how long ago they washed their hands. Make use of the disinfectant wipes at the entrances of most grocery stores.
To rid your body of any unwanted germs, viruses and bacteria, opt for Ozone Therapy. Ozone is a natural disinfectant and can get rid of germs on skin and other surfaces. Unlike bleach and other mainstream disinfectants Ozone is all natural and leaves no harmful residue.
Do germs bother you?