Constipation is defined as having a bowel movement fewer than three times per week. With constipation stools are usually hard, dry, small in size, and difficult to eliminate. Some people who are constipated find it painful to have a bowel movement and often experience straining, bloating, and the sensation of a full bowel.
Some people think they are constipated if they do not have a bowel movement every day. However, normal stool elimination may be three times a day or three times a week, depending on the person.
Constipation is a symptom, not a disease. Almost everyone experiences constipation at some point in their life, and a poor diet typically is the cause. Most constipation is temporary and not serious. Understanding its causes, prevention, and treatment will help most people find relief.
How to prevent constipation:
- Add enough fibre to your diet. Eat fruit, vegetables, wholewheat & whole grain products everyday.
- Drink enough water. One should drink between 1.5 litre and 2 litres of water per day. Reduce coffee, soda and alcohol consumption.
- Do Ozone Therapy. Ozone Sauna Therapy kills bad colon bacteria, neutralises excessive acids in the body, neutralises the side effects from drugs that can cause constipation and Ozone balances out the metabolic rate in the body.
- Never ignore an urge. When you prevent a bowel movement from happening you can confuse your body and this can increase chances of constipation.
- Get your body moving. Exercise can do wonders for people suffering from constipation as it helps improve digestion.
If you suffer from constipation, do not ignore it! Longterm constipation can lead to numerous health issues and in some cases it can have irreversible effects on your body. Consult your Doctor if you think you’re suffering from longterm constipation.
View the 100 Benefits of Ozone Therapy, by clicking here.
Feel free to contact us should you have any further questions:
+27 (0)72 422 1967
Sign up for our weekly newsletter below:
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]