There are two types of thyroid problems; hyperthyroidism (over active thyroid) and hypothyroidism (under active thyroid). Hyperthyroidism is when your thyroid produces too much thyroid hormones and hypothyroidism is when your thyroid produces too little thyroid hormones. What does this mean exactly?
If your body produces too much or too little thyroid hormones it can lead to serious health issues.
Hyperthyroidism – Over active thyroid
- Mood swings
- Difficulty sleeping
- Persistent tiredness and weakness
- Sensitivity to heat
- Swelling in your neck from an enlarged thyroid gland (goitre)
- An irregular and/or unusually fast heart rate (palpitations)
- Twitching or trembling
- Weight loss
- Daily medication taken to stop your thyroid from producing too much of the thyroid hormones.
- Radioiodine treatment – this is where Doctors use radiation to damage your thyroid, reducing its ability to produce thyroid hormones.
- Surgery to remove some or all of your thyroid, thus your thyroid will no longer produce thyroid hormones.
- Ozone Therapy.
Hypothyroidism Under active thyroid:
- Weight gain
- Sensitivity to cold temperatures
- Dry skin and hair
- Muscle aches
- The simplest and most affective way to treat an under active thyroid is by taking daily hormone tables to replace the hormones your thyroid isn’t making.
- Ozone Therapy
If you think you might be suffering from an over/under active thyroid it is imperative that you see your GP a.s.a.p. Leaving a thyroid problem untreated can lead to major health issues like; obesity, heart disease, goitre, pregnancy problems or even myxoedema coma which is a life-threatening condition.
For a less invasive treatment you can opt for Ozone Therapy. Each therapy session takes only 30 minutes to complete. Ozone sessions can be done in the comfort of your own home with and Ozone Sauna or you can visit an Ozone Therapy Clinic in your area. Ozone Therapy has over 100 health benefits but for people suffering from thyroid problems Ozone Therapy can combat anxiety, fight depression, improve blood circulation, balance out hormones, increase cellular respiration, fight insomnia, improve digestion, speed up metabolism, fight cancer causing cells and enhance uptake of vitamins and minerals aiding in the release of energy.
Please feel free to contact us for more information:
+27 (0)72 422 1967