We all love a small piece of bread here and there. This gluten free cornbread is great on its own or even alongside a hot bowl of soup or stew. This recipe is very quick and easy and serves about 9.
- 1 cup Gluten free flour blend
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tbs organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, room temperature
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Butter a 20cm x 20cm oven proof dish.
- Sift flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix coconut milk and vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes as this mixture needs to curdle.
- Add coconut oil to curdled mixture.
- Add mixture to the flour mixture and combine well.
- Pour batter in prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Insert a toothpick in the middle of the pan, if it comes out clean you know your cornbread is fully cooked.
- Allow the pan to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm
- Serve and Enjoy!
Resource: sarahbakes .com