It is very important for us to snack on healthy foods between meals. This keeps you fuller for longer and will prevent over eating during mealtimes. This recipe is great for an on-the-run snack, make sure to keep them in a cool place as bars may become a bit sticky and difficult to eat. This recipe makes about 14 bars depending on size.
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine oats, and walnuts in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, suitable to use in a microwave, combine peanut butter, honey, brown sugar, salt and vanilla. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir molten ingredients and microwave for a further 30 seconds.
- Combine peanut butter mixture with oats and walnut mixture.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips into mixture and combine gently.
- Butter a 30cm x 20cm baking pan and add mixture. Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Set aside to set for about 1-2 hours.
- Cut into desired shapes and sizes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Resource: Sarah bakes.com