This delightful recipe yields 16 servings. Please be warned they are quite addictive and each serving contains a whopping 155 Calories!
- 14 Digestive biscuits
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp Dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Cooking spray
- 200g Cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 400g Fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Powdered gelatin
- 3 tbsp Boiling water
- Place the digestive biscuits in a large clear plastic bag. Use a rolling pin to crush the biscuits. You don’t have to bash the biscuits to death you can just lightly roll over them with the rolling pin. A food processor also works well.
- Empty the crushed biscuits into a mixing bowl and add the butter, brown sugar and salt. Mix well. The consistency should be similar to wet sand.
- Coat a 20cm x 20cm baking pan with cooking spray and pack crumbs firmly into the bottom.
- Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, condensed milk and eggs. Whisk with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and beat for another 30 seconds.
- In a small mixing bowl add the gelatine and boiling water. Whisk the gelatine until fully dissolved. Let the mixture cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the gelatine mixture to the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Remove the refrigerated base. Pour your cream cheese mixture over the base and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate overnight for at least 8 hours until the filling is nice and firm. Slice into 5cm squares using a chilled knife coated with cooking spray.
- Serve and enjoy!
Source: Food Network – Ellie Krieger