This is a great dairy free recipe for any tea party and takes a total of about 15 minutes to make. This recipe serves 2.
- 1/4 cup lime juice, preferably fresh
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice, preferably fresh
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp Coconut milk creamer, vanilla
- 1 tsp rum
- 1⁄4 cup blueberries, washed
- Icing sugar, for garnish
- 1/4 cup roasted nuts, your choice
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sugar
- In a sauce pan mix together the juice, yolks, sugar and flour. Stir until combined.
- On a high heat whisk ingredients until mixture starts to boil. Lower the heat and add the coconut milk creamer, still whisking. If you are not using a gas stove remove the pot from the stove when adding the creamer, then place it back on the stove.
- After about a minute the mixture will start to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in the rum. Set aside to cool.
- Add your roasted nuts to a blender and blend.
- In a small mixing bowl mix the blended nuts, cinnamon, sugar and melted coconut oil together.
- Press mixture into a 6cm fluted tart pan. The crust should not be too thick, about 2-3mm.
- Spoon filling into the tart bases and place in freezer (uncovered) for about 10 minutes, until set and cool.
- Remove from freezer, top with berries and sprinkle a small amount of icing sugar over the top.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Source: Go Dairyfree .org