We all love to spice up our menus every now and again. This delicious low-calorie dish is perfect for a summer dinner.
This recipe serves four and each serving is about 300 calories
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 1 tbsp lower-sodium soy sauce
- 340g peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 110g uncooked pad thai noodles
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted cashews, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 green Thai chili, halved
- 12 sweet mini peppers, halved
- 3/4 cup carrot, matchstick-cut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 3/4 cup fresh bean sprouts
- Combine rice vinegar, honey, chili paste and soy sauce in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add shrimp to vinegar mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- In a pot cook Pad Thai Noodles and drain, rinse with a bit of cold water and drain once more.
- Heat the wok over a medium heat and add oil. Make sure the oil coats the entire surface of the wok.
- Then add garlic, ginger, cashews and chili to wok. Stir-fry until garlic begins to brown, this usually takes about 1 minute.
- Remove mixture from wok. Try to take a little as possible oil out of the pan. Set mixture aside.
- On a higher heat start adding the sweet peppers, carrot and salt to wok.
- Stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp mixture to the wok and stir-fry for another 2 minutes(do not drain the liquid)
- Add cooked noodles and peas and simmer for about 1 minute, frequently tossing the ingredients to coat.
- Lastly return cashew mixture to pan and add bean sprouts. Cook for about 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Remember to frequently toss.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Resource: Cooking Light