I think by now we all know what a big role our diet plays in our general health. But in that same breath we also know that most foods have some type of negative effect to our health, so how do we know what to eat and what not to eat?
I personally think that it is best to stop buying fruit and veg from super markets and rather support local farmers, or even better, starting your own veg garden. This way you can control what pesticides are used and that no hormones are added. If you buy from a local farmer, do not be scared to ask him these questions as you have the right to know and most of them love talking about their processes.
Keeping your heart healthy is essential to health. When you have problems with your heart, it is most likely that other illnesses are soon to follow.
Here are a few tips on what you can do to improve your heart:
- Know your heart health – first you need to go see your Doctor to find out in what state your heart is. Reduce saturated fats in your diet
- Lose some weight – as excess weight can put pressure on your heart
- Quit smoking – chemicals in tobacco can damage your heart and blood vessels
- Exercise and a bit more exercise – When working out, you are not just working your tighs, arms and stomach but also your heart
- Eat a heart healthy diet – see our InfoGraphic below
- Get some sleep – people who don’t get enough sleep are more likely to suffer from depression, high blood pressure, obesity and even heart attack.
- Go for Ozone Therapy – This type of steam therapy delivers oxygen in the body, improves your blood circulation, neutralizes toxins in the blood, clears plaque from arteries and strengthens your arterial walls.
Looking after your heart is very important. What steps will you take to better your health?