This delicious recipe works great for people suffering from high cholesterol or who are looking to tune down the calories. Each serving contains about 3mg cholesterol and 106 calories.
Preparation: 15 min
Total time: 30 min
- 1 head Cauliflower, cut into cubes (8 cups needed)
- 4 Cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/3 cup Non-fat buttermilk (see NOTE)
- 4 tsp Extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Snipped fresh chives for garnish
- Heat a pot with boiling water. Place a steel colander or steamer on top and add the cauliflower and garlic. Cover and steam for about 12-15 minutes until very tender.
- Remove from heat and place into a food processor. Add the buttermilk, 2 tbsp oil, butter, salt and pepper. Process until smooth and lump free.
- Place in serving dish and top with remaining oil and garnish.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
If you do not have buttermilk you can make your own “sour milk”. Just add 1 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar to 1 cup of milk.
Source: Eating Well .com