This delicious pancake recipe yields about 10 pancakes and contains about 74 calories per pancake. Enjoy this recipe with the whole family.
- 1 cup Cake flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup Buttermilk, non-fat
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1 large Egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- Sugar-free maple syrup
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, baking soda, salt and wheat germ. Mix with a whisk.
- In a jug add the butter, applesauce, vegetable oil and egg. Lightly whisk until fully combined.
- Make a well in the centre of your flour mixture and pour the buttermilk mixture into the well. Stir until all the dry ingredients are moistened.
- On a medium heat, heat a skilled coated with cooking spray.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter onto your pan and spread to a 12cm circle.
- When the top of the pancakes start to make bubbles you know they are ready and can be turned over. Cook the other side until brown.
- Place on serving dish, pour over the maple syrup (sparingly).
Source: Health .com