This delicious Low-Cholesterol Recipe is easy to prepare and yields about 1 dozen cookies.
- 1 1/4 cups Rolled oats
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 stick Unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Molasses
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Raisins
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugar and molasses, until light and creamy. Use an electric mixer. About 5 minutes on a medium-high speed will do.
- Add the egg and vanilla to your butter mixture and beat for a further 2 minutes.
- Reduce mixer speed and gently add the flour mixture. Beat until fully combined.
- Lastly, add your raisins and stir in by hand.
- Roll your dough into a ball and cover with cling film. Chill for 4-12 hours.
- Heat your oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Prepare 2 baking trays by lining them with parchment paper.
- Form your dough into equal balls. Place on baking tray and flatten with the back of a fork.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Source: Food Network Magazine