This delicious recipe is easy to make and yields about 12 muffins, depending on their size. Remember all things are better when enjoyed in moderation.
- 60ml Canola oil
- 150 Self-raising flour
- 160g Wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1½ tsp ground Ginger
- 2 eggs
- 100ml low fat natural yogurt or soya alternative
- 275ml skimmed Milk
- 250g cooked Pumpkin
- 25g Pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 200℃ or 180℃ Fan.
- Line your muffin pan either with muffin cases or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, sieve the self-raising flour, wholemeal flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Combine with a fork.
- Stir in the ginger.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the eggs, yogurt, milk, honey and oil. Combine well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture. Gently fold dough until combined.
- Stir in the cooked pumpkin. Do not over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into your prepared muffin pan.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- Place in oven to bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- These muffins can be enjoyed either hot or cold.
Source: Heart Health UK