This delicious recipe needs to be prepared well in advance. But it is truly worth it. Always enjoy sweets & desserts in moderation. This recipe yields about 1 litre of ice-cream.
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Full Cream
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup Peaches, peeled & chopped coarsely
- 2 tbsp light Corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt on a medium heat.
- Gradually whisk in the milk and cream.
- Cook for about 10-12 minutes, stirring continuously.
- When the mixture has thickened slightly, remove from heat.
- In a large, heat proof mixing bowl. Whisk the egg yolk.
- Add about 1 cup of the cream mixture gradually to the whisked yolk. Whisk constantly.
- Then add the yolk mixture to the remainder of the cream mixture. Whisk constantly.
- Add the vanilla bean paste and whisk.
- Cool for about 1 hour. Stirring occasionally.
- In a small saucepan, combine the peaches and corn syrup. Cook on a medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mash coarsely. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
- When mashed peaches have cooled completely add them to the cooled cream mixture.
- Place cling film directly onto cream mixture and chill in the fridge for about 3 hours. (This is to prevent the mixture from making a skin).
- In a small pan, melt the butter. Add the pecans and cook. Stir continuously for 8-9 minutes or until nice and toasted.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt. Cool for about 30 minutes.
- In an ice-cream maker. Add the chilled cream mixture. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on churning & freezing.
- When done. Transfer the ice-cream into an airtight, freezer proof container with a lid. Stir in completely cooled pecans.
- Cover and freeze overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
Source: My Recipes .com