This delicious casserole recipe is easy to make and only takes about 45 minutes. This recipe yields 4 servings.
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 400g Chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 rashers Bacon, trimmed, chopped
- 250g button Mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 cup plain Flour
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf Parsley, chopped
- In a large frying pan, add the oil and then the chicken. Cook over a medium to high heat until golden, transfer to plate and set aside.
- Add the onion and bacon and cook for about 4 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and mustard and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the stock to your mixture and stir. Bring the mixture to a boil and add the chicken.
- Cover and simmer on a low heat for about 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the cream and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 3 minutes. Before the mixture starts to bubble, remove from heat.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: Feel free to add a side dish of rice, bread or pasta.
Source: Taste Magazine Australia