Irritable bowel syndrome is a disorder characterised most commonly by cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, constipation, and diarrhoea. IBS causes a great deal of discomfort and distress, but it does not permanently harm the intestines and does not lead to a serious disease, such as cancer. Most people can control their symptoms with diet, stress management, and prescribed medications. For some people, however, IBS can be disabling. They may be unable to work, attend social events, or even travel short distances.
Abdominal pain, bloating, and discomfort are the main symptoms of IBS. However, symptoms can vary from person to person. Some people have constipation, which means hard, difficult-to-pass, or infrequent bowel movements. Often these people report straining and cramping when trying to have a bowel movement but cannot eliminate any stool, or they are able to eliminate only a small amount. If they are able to have a bowel movement, there may be mucus in it, which is a fluid that moistens and protect passages in the digestive system. Some people with IBS experience diarrhoea, which is frequent, loose, watery, stools. People with diarrhoea frequently feel an urgent and uncontrollable need to have a bowel movement. Other people with IBS alternate between constipation and diarrhoea. Sometimes people find that their symptoms subside for a few months and then return, while others report a constant worsening of symptoms over time.
So, how can Ozone Therapy help?
- Ozone kills bad colon bacteria
- Ozone neutralises excessive acids in the body
- Ozone can help fight Diarrhoea and Constipation by killing bad colon bacteria and neutralising excess acids in the body.
- Ozone balances out the metabolic rate.
- Ozone relieves anxiety and stress by increasing the oxygen levels in the blood and by boosting the immune system. Ozone also combats mood swings, irritability, exhaustion and nervousness.
- Ozone improves sleep.
- Ozone improves vitamin and mineral absorption.
To find out more about the benefits of Ozone Therapy, please click here.
Feel free to contact us for more information:
+27 (0)72 422 1967
Or sign up to our weekly newsletters to keep up to date:
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]