A delicious ciabatta recipe for any occasion especially our Dairy Free Lasagna Recipe. This recipe makes about 2 average size loaves
- 400g White flour, plus extra for flouring
- 7g Instant yeast
- 300ml Water
- 30ml Olive oil, plus extra for oiling
- 7g salt
- Semolina flour, for flouring
- In a mixing bowl, combine 200g of the flour with 4g of the yeast add 150 ml of the water and mix together into a tick batter.
- On an oiled surface kneed the dough for about 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a damp tea towel and leave to rise for at least six hours. The dough should be left to rise at room temperature.
- Place dough in a food mixer with a dough hook.
- Add remaining flour, oil, yeast and other 100 ml of the water.
- Mix together in mixer
- In a separate cup dissolve the salt in 50ml of water, gradually add to the mixture and mix for about 5-10 minutes. Dough should be stringy and soft.
- Place dough in a oiled, rectangular plastic container. Cover with lid and let dough rise double.
- Flour your work surface with equal amounts of flour and semolina flour.
- Place the dough onto the floured surface and cut into two equal sizes.
- Stretch the pieces into the desired shape and place on a floured baking tray.
- Prove for another 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius
- After proving, bake the loaves for 30 minutes.
Resource: Paul Hollywood