Cool down this summer with a delicious prawn salad. This delicious recipe is easy to make. Takes less than 30 minutes to make and serves 4.
- 28 large green Prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp White sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- Asian salad leaves, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to serve
For the Nam jim dressing:
- 1 large fresh Red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 fresh Red Birdseye chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Palm sugar, coarsely grated
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh coriander, chopped
- In a large bowl, place the deveined prawns and add sugar and salt. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a pestle & mortar. Add the chillies, garlic and salt. Pound until rough paste forms.
- Remove and place in small mixing bowl. Add palm sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and coriander. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Heat a large pan on medium-high. Cook prawns for about 2-3 minutes. Make sure they are cooked on both sides.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Coat with a small amount of dressing.
- Serve immediately with salad leaves, coriander and remaining dressing.
Source: Taste . com .au