We all have our beverage of choice and most of us would fight to the death when trying to convince others why our choice is better.
But the fact of the matter is both tea and coffee have their pros and cons and it all boils down to which one you prefer. Some of us are very sensitive to caffeine and that can have negative affects like anxiety and stress. Where as for others the taste of tea is awful and does not give them the same boost in the morning as a nice hot cup of coffee would. Thus I will not be stepping into this battle but rather give you some pros and cons of each. Remember it is also very important to what your are adding to your tea or coffee. Less is more.
Pros of tea:
- May prevent Type I Diabetes and slow the development thereof.
- May prevent heart attack by drinking 3-4 cups of tea per day
- May prevent liver disease by drinking 10 cups of green tea, this only applies to men.
- May fight off lung cancer
- Green tea may help hydrate your body due to low caffeine content
- Protects your teeth as tea contains fluoride
- May lower stress by drinking 4 cups of black tea per day
Cons of tea:
- Most teas contain pesticides, this may include “Organic” teas
- Tea contains Tanin which absorbs the Iron in your blood and can lead to anemia
- Some teas contain caffeine, which may lead to anxiety and even high blood pressure
- Adding milk to your tea may eliminate most of teas’ benefits
Pros of Coffee:
- May prevent Type II Diabetes
- May decrease the risk of Gout
- May increase productivity due to caffeine content
- May prevent cirrhosis and liver cancer
- May improve short term memory
- May improve reaction time
Cons of Coffee:
- May cause tooth decoloration
- May cause stillbirths if a woman is consuming more than 8 cups of coffee per day
- May cause decreases in blood flow to the heart.
To improve you overall health and help you where coffee or tea might be letting you down, you can opt for Ozone Therapy. By getting 30 minute sessions 2-3 times per week you can drastically improve your overall health and may fight signs of anxiety, depression, stress, cancer, lung disease, heart disease, liver disease and skin disorders.
What will you be doing to improve your health?