This delicious recipe is easy to prepare and yields 4 servings. Do not mistake this dish for a light eat, it is quite hearty and will fill up any belly.
- 400g can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Garlic clove, chopped
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley or curly parsley
- 1 tsp ground Cumin
- 1 tsp ground Coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp Harissa paste or Chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Plain flour
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Toasted pitta bread
- 200g tub Tomato salsa, to serve
- Green salad, to serve
- 1 small Red onion, roughly chopped
- Rinse the chickpeas and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Add to a food processor together with the onion, garlic, parsley, spices, flour and a pinch of salt.
- Pulse until fairly smooth. Shape into patties.
- Add the oil to a medium sized frying pan. Place patties in pan and fry for about 3 minutes on each side until golden.
- Serve with toasted pittas, tomato salsa and salad.
Note: Be careful when adding sauces to your meals. Always check the label for sugar content. You should try your best to stay away from foods high in sugar. Most store bought sauces, like tomato sauce and BBQ sauce, has a very high sugar content.
Source: BBC Good Food