Spoil your friends with this delicious, yet easy Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Recipe.
- Cooking spray
- 140g unsalted Butter, softened
- 200g Caster sugar
- 250g Carrots, grated
- 140g Sultanas
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g Gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 50g mixed Nuts, chopped
For the icing:
- 75g Butter, softened
- 175g Icing sugar
- 3 tsp Cinnamon, plus extra for dusting
- Mixed nuts for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (or 160ºC with Thermo Fan).
- Prepare a loaf pan with cooking spray then line with baking parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the butter and sugar. Beat until light and creamy.
- Add the carrots and sultanas and mix through.
- Add one egg to the mixture and mix. Then add the other egg and mix until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and chopped nuts. Combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the carrot mixture.
- Pour the dough into your loaf pan.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes.
- Remove the loaf from the oven. DON’T remove the loaf from the pan. Set aside to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes then remove from tin and place on cooling rack to cool completely.
For the icing:
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter. Whisk (with electrical whisk) until smooth and soft.
- Add the icing sugar and cinnamon and whisk until creamy.
- When the loaf has cooled completely. Coat the top with the icing. Finish off with a light dusting of cinnamon and a sprinkle of nuts.
Source: BBC Food