These delicious little cookies are a must for your Christmas cookie baking list. They are easy to prepare. This recipe makes about 36 cookies.
- 3/4 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 3/4 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Jam per cookie (1/2 cup in total)
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC (375ºF).
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and egg yolks until light and fluffy.
- In a different mixing bowl, sift your flour.
- Add the flour to the butter mixture. Combine well.
- Roll dough into 2cm balls.
- Place the rolled balls in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the balls about 4cm apart on the baking tray.
- Use your finger or a tool of similar sizes to press a small well in the centre of each cooking.
- Fill each hole with about 1/2 teaspoon of jam. Do not over fill.
- Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
- Happy Holidays!
Source: All Recipes .com