This delicious recipe is easy to make and takes about 40 minutes to make and yields about 4 servings.
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large Eggplant (about 500g), cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 x 400g cans chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tsp Caster sugar
- 60g Green olives, pitted
- 65g Capers, drained
- 2 tbsp Flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 400g penne or other short pasta
- 2 tbsp Parmesan, freshly grated
- Heat a pan over a medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Then, add the onions and garlic and cook gently for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn the heat to high, then add the eggplant and cook. Stir frequently.
- When the eggplant is golden, add the tomatoes, sugar and salt & pepper to taste.
- Reduce to a low heat and bring to a light boil. Simmer for 15 minutes or until eggplant is cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the olives, capers and parsley.
- In a separate pot, cook the pasta by following the instructions on the packet.
- When ready, drain the pasta and add the sauce. Toss.
- Serve with parmesan.
Source: Taste Magazine Australia