Oxygen is the most vital element required for human life and it is the key to good health. The best way to optimise health is to oxygenate every cell in our body. The more oxygen we have in our system, the more energy we produce. And the more energy we produce the more efficiently we can eliminate waste products.
Ozone Therapy increases the oxygen levels in your body which helps fight disease and eliminate viruses, fungus and bacteria. There are more than one type of Ozone Therapy, but in this article we will discuss Ozone Steam Therapy.
The benefits of a normal steam sauna on the immune system and disease processes have been well documented. In addition to being relaxing and soothing, a sauna and the accompanying induced hyperthermia on the body mimics the beneficial effects of a fever, without the discomfort. Although the effects of this artificial method of increasing the body’s temperature is not as comprehensive as a natural fever, there are definite system wide effects. There is evidence that artificial fever works as an immune system stimulant by increasing the number of white blood cells in the body.
Apart from the immune system-stimulating effects of sweat therapy, many think of it as one of the most effective and painless detoxifying treatments available. Sweat contains almost the same elements as urine, and for this reason, the skin is sometimes called the third kidney. It is estimated that as much as 30% of bodily wastes are eliminated by way of perspiration, and during a steam sauna, the body perspires profusely.
Hyperthermia can be used to remove fat-stored chemicals such as pesticides, PCBs, and drug residues from the body. Only recently has conventional medicine caught up with this practice and begun to incorporate hyperthermia in the orthodox treatment protocols for cancer. Hyperthermia is now approved in the U.S. for treatment of breast cancer recurrence.
By adding ozone into this sauna environment, the ozone is easily absorbed into the skin and lymphatic system because of the open pores on the body. This provides another excellent detoxification: oxygenation of all the tissues, organs, and cells of the body, boosting the immune system, stimulation of the release of anti-cancer substances from the white blood cells of the immune system, enhancement of blood and oxygen delivery throughout the body.
It is very important to point out that the sauna used for this treatment is of the type where the individual’s head protrudes from the top of the sauna, and the individual is therefore not breathing the ozone / steam mixture (elements of which contain hydrogen peroxide). Breathing in excessively high concentrations of Ozone can be dangerous and can cause tightness of the chest and coughing but can easily be remedied by drinking orange juice or taking a large dosage of Vitamin C. Using the steam sauna is one of the most popular methods of taking advantage of Ozone therapy.
Steam therapy is known to:
- Dramatically increase oxygenation of the tissues and cells.
- Increase the White Blood Cell count .
- Increase circulation, oxygen and nutrient delivery within the body.
- Burn 400-600 calories per session.
- Increase tumor necrosis factor by up to 500 times.
- Purge the body of accumulated toxins such as pesticides, PCBs, drug residues, acidic wastes and much more.
- Stimulate the Immune System.
- Kill bacteria and viruses.
- Relax and loosen sore muscles.
What is Far Infra-red?
Far Infrared Rays (FIR) is an electromagnetic spectrum. Modern science have proved that this part of the suns’ invisible spectrum is very beneficial for the human body.
Functions of Far Infra-red:
- Promotes metabolism
- Removes toxins
- Weight loss and body shaping
- Reduces stress
- Skin care
- Pain relief and diminish inflammation
- Helps and increases the circulation of blood flow
- Massage benefits and deep relaxation
- Liver detoxification
- Improves sleep
Ozone Therapy is known to:
- Stimulates the production of white blood cells, which are necessary to fight infection.
- Ozone and hydrogen peroxide are anti-viral.
- Increases oxygen and haemoglobin disassociation, thus increasing the delivery of oxygen from the blood to the cells.
- Ozone and hydrogen peroxide are anti-neoplastic, which means that they inhibit the growth of new tissues like tumours.
- Ozone oxidises and degrade petrochemicals.
- Increases red blood cell membrane distensibility, thus enhancing their flexibility and effectiveness.
- Increases the production of interferon and Tumour Necrosis Factor, which the body uses to fight infections and cancers.
- Increases the efficiency of the anti-oxidant enzyme system, which scavenges excess free radicals in the body.
- Ozone accelerates the Citric Acid Cycle, which is the main cycle for the liberation of energy from sugars. This then stimulates basic metabolism. It also breaks down proteins, carbohydrates and fats to be used as energy.
- Ozone therapies increase tissue oxygenation, thus bringing about overall improvement.
- Relaxes and loosens muscles by reducing the buildup of lactic acid and increasing muscle flexibility.
- Oxidises toxins so they can be eliminated through the skin, lungs, kidneys and colon.
- Boosts blood circulation, helping injured muscles to repair quicker.
- Stimulates vasodilatation of peripheral blood vessels relieving pain and speeding up the healing process.
- Speeds up the metabolic processes of the inner organs and endocrine glands resulting in a loss of between 200 and 450 calories in a 30 minute session.
Own your own sauna; click the image below:
For more information please feel free to contact us:
+27 (0)72 422 1967
Keep up to date on the latest news by signing up for our weekly newsletter below:[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]