This delicious recipe is easy to make and yields 4 servings. By cutting out the puff pastry you drastically lower the fat and cholesterol in this dish.
- 200g Chestnut mushrooms
- 200g Button mushrooms
- 500ml Chicken stock
- 2 Chicken breasts, diced
- 1 Leek, chopped
- 1 Onion, diced
- 500g Potatoes
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 30g Plain flour
- 30g Tarragon
- 1 Bay leaf
- Preheat the oven to 200℃/ 400℉.
- In a large saucepan. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Add the mushrooms and bay leaf. Reduce heat and simmer for about 8 minutes.
- In a separate pot, place the potatoes in warm water and boil for 5-7 minutes. You do not want to overcook your potatoes, they should still be firm. Drain and set aside to cool. When cooled, slice your potatoes into thin slices about 4mm thick.
- In another frying pan, heat the oil and add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the leek and cook for a further 8 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms have cooked, place mixture into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- When the leek has softened, add the chicken and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over your leek and chicken mixture. Make sure all the chicken is coated. Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Then add your mushroom mixture and the tarragon. Mix well.
- Pour the filling into a pie dish and top with overlapping slices of potato.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy.
Source: Heart UK .org.uk