The last few weeks in South Africa has been HOT HOT HOT! We defenitly need something to quench our thirst and keep us hydrated. This recipe is a bit high in sugar so take heed not to drink too much. Drink lots of water throughout the day and keep out of the sun.
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6 cups Water
- Peel of 1 lemon, cut into fine strips
- Juice of 6 lemons
- Optional mint sprigs & lemon slices for garnish
- Ice cubes
- Add the water and sugar to a small saucepan. Heat until it starts to boil.
- Add lemon peel, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside until the mixture has reached room temperature.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve to remove the peel. Set aside.
- In a large pitcher add the lemon juice and half a cup of your sugar water syrup.
- Add 5 cups water.
- Feel free to add more syrup or water depending on your taste.
- Serve with ice and fresh mint sprigs.
Source: Food Network