Chronic fatigue syndrome is not the same as “chronic fatigue”. While fatigue is a common symptom in many illnesses, CFS is a multi-symptom disease and is relatively rare by comparison.
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a disorder that causes extreme fatigue. This fatigue is not the kind of tired feeling that goes away after you rest. Instead, it lasts a long time and limits your ability to do ordinary daily activities.
Symptoms of CFS include fatigue for 6 months or more and experiencing other problems such as muscle pain, memory problems, headaches, pain in multiple joints, sleep problems, sore throat and tender lymph nodes. Since other illnesses can cause similar symptoms, CFS is hard to diagnose.
If you have been suffering from long-term fatigue, it is best to visit your GP as soon as possible. Scientists have not been able to prove what actually causes CFS. Scientists have however narrowed down the possibilities, to the following:
- Hormonal imbalance – Some patients tested with CFS, had abnormal blood levels of hormones produced in the pituitary gland, hypothalamus and adrenal glands.
- Immune disorders – Some patients with CFS, usually had lower immune systems.
- Viral infections – Numerous patients with CFS had been suffering from a viral infection before they developed CFS. These viral infections included the human herpes virus 6, mouse leukaemia and Epstein-Barr virus.
- Age – One can develop CFS at any age, but it is more common in adults between the ages 40 and 60.
- Sex – CFS is more common in women than in men.
- Stress – Most patients suffering from CFS had difficulty with managing stress.
You can fight CFS by incorporating Ozone Therapy into your lifestyle. Ozone Therapy helps fight CFS by increasing your energy levels, it combats fatigue, increase the oxygen levels in your blood and increase cellular respiration. Ozone Therapy also combats headaches, hormonal imbalance, viral infections, stress, anxiety, insomnia and can drastically strengthen your immune system.
Click here, to find out exactly how Ozone Therapy works.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions about Ozone Therapy:
+27 (0)72 422 1967
Sign up for our weekly newsletter to stay up to date on the latest Ozone Therapy & Health news:
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]