Ozone Therapy and a healthy lifestyle goes hand-in-hand. It is very important that you get regular excise and eat a well balanced healthy diet. Drink at least 1-1,5 litres of water daily.
To enhance the benefits of Ozone Therapy there are however a few extra things you can do.
What you SHOULD do:
- Drink a lot of water before and after a session – For Ozone to be affective you have to at least break a sweat during your session. Hydrating before and after will keep your body hydrated.
- Lie down for about 20 minutes after each session – Ozone effects the body even after a therapy session. When lying down you will give the Ozone chance to circulate through the body and give your organs more time to eliminate toxins that is left after detoxing.
- Wear as little clothing as possible during a session – Ozone is absorbed through the skin in the ozone saunas. To maximize the benefits of Ozone it is best to wear as little as possible or even nothing at all while in the sauna.
- Drink enough supplements – Ozone promotes vitamin and mineral absorption. But WAIT at least 1 hour after each session. Supplements taken should include Vitamin B (complex), C, E, A, Zinc, Selenium, N-Acetyl-Cysteine and Copper.
- Let a fan blow on your face (Optional) – The difference in temperature between your head and body will increase the induced fever the sauna causes. This will result in the maximisation of white blood cell production to combat any infections in the body. This is optional and should be used according to preference and comfort.
What you SHOULD NOT do:
- Do not drink any vitamin C, 1 to 2 hours before or after a session – Vitamin C and Ozone neutralises one another, so if someone reacts negatively to the Ozone you can give them orange juice. This will neutralise any Ozone in the body and vice versa.
- Do not walk directly on cold surfaces after a session. – It is best to keep warm after a session. Your feet is also extremely sensitive. Should your body get a severe shock from something cold e.g. walking on cold tiles, this may negatively affect your session and reduce the therapy benefits. Note: This must not be confused with cryotherapy where you alternate between hot and cold.
- Do not shower directly after a session – As mentioned before, Ozone still has an effect even after your session. Taking a shower will remove the Ozone left behind on your skin. Wait at least 2 hours before showering. Note: In very rare cases (less than 1%), a rash can occur. This can be due to various reasons and showering can reduce the rash effects. Please enquire for further information should that occur.
- Do not eat large meals after a session – Like most treatments it is best not to eat a large meal directly after a therapy session. Give your body a chance to repair and build.
- Do not take prescription medication 4-6 hours before a therapy session – Medication includes blood pressure, insulin and any other prescribed medication. Ozone has very strong oxidising properties and might change the molecular structure of the medication through oxidisation rendering the medication useless. Ozone also increases the absorption of medication, vitamins and minerals by up to 30% affecting prescribed dosages. First consult a medical practitioner.
- Do not do Ozone Therapy after a chemo therapy session – Wait 4 DAYS after you have had chemo before going for an Ozone Therapy session. Ozone Therapy can increase absorption of chemo affecting the prescribed dosages. Inform and consult your Doctor before starting Ozone Therapy.
- Do not drink alcohol directly before or after a session – You should wait at least 8 hours after your last drink before going for an Ozone Therapy session, and at least 4 hours after the session before having a drink again. Ozone and heat will increase blood circulation and alcohol thins out blood which can lead to additional strain on your heart. You will also put unnecessary strain on your liver and kidneys if you consume alcohol too close to a session.
- Do not go for a session if you are pregnant – Not under any circumstances. You can resume Ozone Therapy sessions after your baby has been born and after you have stopped breast feeding.
- Do not do Ozone if you have any heart condition – Heat increases the strain on your heart and might have adverse effects. Should you have a Pacemaker Ozone Therapy is also prohibited as the Far Infrared might interfere. First consult with a healthcare professional.
- Do not do Ozone within 2-3 months of mayor surgery – Although Ozone is beneficial in the recovery process and assists in healing, the danger lies in bleeding or blood clots loosening as Ozone will thin out your blood.
Download our full list of Do’s and Don’ts For Ozone Therapy by clicking on the link.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have:
+27(0)72 422 1967
Sign up for our weekly newsletter to keep up to date on the latest Ozone Therapy & Health News:
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]