These delicious cupcakes take about 2 hours to prepare and yields about 48 mini cupcakes.
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 1/4 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Almonds, sliced
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground Allspice
- 1 1/2 cups Carrots, grated
- 2/3 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
For the Frosting:
- 2 1/2 cups Confectioners’ sugar
- 230g Cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Almond extract
- Coconut flakes for topping
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a food processor, add the flour, almonds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and allspice. Pulse until fine.
- In a separate bowl whisk the carrots, vegetable oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla .
- Gently stir in the flour mixture until combined. Do not over mix.
- Now you can scoop equal amounts of dough into you paper liners. They should be filled about 3/4 to the top.
- Place in oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes. To test the cupcakes use a toothpick and gently press it into a cupcake, the toothpick should come out clean. If it comes out doughy, place them in the oven for a bit longer.
- When they are done, place them on a cooling rack and cool completely, otherwise your frosting will melt.
- You can now start with the frosting. In a mixing bowl beat together the butter, cream cheese and sugar. You will know the mixture is ready when it is light and fluffy.
- Add the lemon juice and almond extract, whisk well.
- Spread the frosting over your cooled cupcakes and top with coconut flakes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Source: Food Network Magazine