Add some finess to your after dinner tea with these delicious truffles. This recipe yields about 24 truffles. It is best to make them well in advance.
- 1/4 cup thickened Cream
- 400g Dark chocolate, chopped
- 110g chocolate-coated Turkish delight bars, finely chopped
- 50g White chocolate, chopped
- Place half the dark chocolate and 1/4cup of cream in a heat proof mixing bowl over a pot filled with hot water. Stirring continuously until molten and smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the Turkish delight. Cover and place in the fridge for 3-4 hours or until nice and firm.
- Prepare a baking tray with baking paper. Use a teaspoon to scoop out one heaped tsp. Roll in balls. Continue until no mixture is left.
- Place the tray with rolled balls in the refrigerator for a further 1 hour.
- Heat the remaining dark chocolate over a pot with boiling water. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Remove the balls from the fridge. Use a fork to dip the truffles into the melted chocolate. Make sure to shake off any excess chocolate.
- Return to tray and refrigerate until firm.
- Melt your white chocolate. Place in a piping bag (or normal kitchen plastic bag). Pipe white chocolate onto truffles.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Feel free to play around with different fillings or chocolates.
Source: Taste .com Australia