Tea, in some countries, are considered an all day everyday beverage. It is the second most consumed beverage in the world after water and has multiple health benefits.
There are over 3,000 varieties of tea available today. These varieties can be placed in one of six categories; black, dark (including pu’erh), oolong, yellow, green, and white. Some manufacturers even add flavour to their tea; e.g. lemon, mint, peach or even raspberry. The climate and geography also has an effect on the taste and colour of tea. Thus it is easy to understand why so many people love tea. It is impossible not to find a favourite.
Believe it or not but black, pu’erh, oolong, yellow, green, and white tea all come from the same tea plant called Camellia sinensis. What makes the tea different is what happens after harvesting. After the leaves have been harvested, they move on the withering process where they are allowed to dry. Once the moisture has been removed, the leaves are rolled and left to ferment. The fermentation process is important in that it produces the essential oils that give teas their distinctive aromas and flavours.
Each type of tea, has it’s own set of health benefits. Most tea types contain:
- Antioxidants which keeps our bodies young and strong
- Contains less caffeine than coffee. Always read the label, some tea types contain higher amounts of caffeine.
- May reduce chances of stroke & heart attack. Studies have shown that drinking 3 cups of green tea per day can reduce your chance of heart disease by 20%.
- Promotes weight-loss. Instead of snacking on unnecessary junk food items, rather opt for a cup of tea.
- Protects your bones. Recent studies have shown that regular green tea consumption aids in the health and strength of bones.
- Aids in the treatment of digestive problems, stress, anxiety and insomnia. There are multiple types of tea that are specifically designed to treat different health problems. Camomile tea not only relaxes you, it also ensures a better night’s rest and is antispasmodic. Ginger tea helps reduce nausea caused by sickness or pregnancy.
Below is a fun infographic explaining how green tea is produced.
To help boost the benefits of regular tea consumption, opt for an Ozone Therapy session. You can loose up to 500 calories in one 30 minute session. Ozone Therapy helps detox the body and rids it of unwanted toxins and impurities. There are over 100 Benefits of Ozone Therapy, which include lowering cholesterol, reducing chances of heart disease, boosts the immune system, improves blood flow, fights stress & anxiety and aids in the fight against cancer. Ozone Therapy is not a wonder treatment, it merely increases the oxygen levels in our blood. Our cells need oxygen to fight off disease and repair broken or infected tissue.
Contact us for more information about the effects of ozone therapy on the body:
+27 72 422 1967