Of all types of fruit, berries are just my ultimate favourite. They work great for jams, sauces, desserts and raw.
We all know berries as small, bright and colourful fruits that are high in antioxidants, juicy and sweet. Berries are filled with goodness, not only to benefit your taste buds but also your health.
Berries are known to:
- Hydrate your body.
- Improve your brain function and prevent memory loss leading to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Help manage diabetes. Berries are a safe sugar to eat and is high in fiber (raw berries not berry juice).
- Improve digestion.
- Reduce risk of developing Parkinson’s disease.
- Improve your heart.
- Improve weight-loss and help to keep the weight down.
- Help lower blood pressure.
- Reduce chances of developing cancer.
Here are a few DID YOU KNOW facts about berries, some might even surprise you.
- Did you know strawberries aren’t berries? They are actually classified as fruit and have about 200 seeds on their outside.
- Bilberries is a relative of the blueberry and is believed to improve night vision.
- Did you know pineapples are berries? To ripen a pineapple faster place it upside down.
- Eating grapes for breakfast can help you loose 1,6kg.
- Raspberry leaves infused in tea can help regulate your menstrual cycle.
- Tomatoes botanically classified as berries and not vegetables.
In a nutshell incorporating enough berries into your diet is very important. You can boost the effects of berries by combining a balanced diet with Ozone Therapy. Ozone therapy will improve vitamin and mineral absorption during digestion, fight toxins and impurities in the body, improve metabolism and improve your overall health.
Will you be proactive when it comes to your health?