This delicious recipe is easy to make and you will need an ice-cream maker. This recipe yields about 1 litre of ice cream. Remember to always make ice-cream, long in advance. Please note that this recipe is not a super healthy recipe, please enjoy this delicious ice-cream in moderation.
- 2 cups Blueberries, coarsely chopped
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- 400ml sweetened Condensed milk
- 150ml Evaporated milk
- 2 cups Whole milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Lemon zest
- In a large saucepan, bring blueberries, 2 tbsp sugar and water to a boil. Reduce the heat to a low heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir often.
- Remove from heat, and set aside for about 30 minutes to cool.
- Pour mixture into a container with a lid and chill for about 2-3 hours.
- In a large mixing bowl. Whisk together the condensed milk, evaporated milk, whole milk, 2 tbsp sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
- Place in the container with lid and chill for 2 hours.
- Pour the milk mixture into an ice cream maker. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove contents from ice-cream maker when ready. Scoop the mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, stir in the lemon zest. Then add the blueberry mixture.
- Transfer to an airtight container and freeze for a further 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Serve & enjoy!
Source: My Recipes .com