This delicious recipe is low in sodium and is packed with good nutrition. Always use fresh vegetables when making soup. This recipe is easy to make and yields 6 servings.
- 1 package Baby spinach
- 4 tbsp Butter
- ½ medium Red onion
- 5 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 4 cups packed fresh Broccoli
- ½ cup heavy Cream
- Greek yogurt
- Lemon zest
- Remove spinach from packet and steam for about 2 – 3 minutes or until wilted.
- Squeeze the excess water from the spinach and set spinach aside.
- In a large pan, add the butter and onions. Sauté over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add flour and stir continuously for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the stock and add the broccoli.
- Cook on a low heat for 10 minutes until broccoli is nice and tender.
- Add the spinach and stir in the cream.
- Remove from heat.
- You can either use a stick blender or a table top blender, but please be careful as the soup will be very hot.
- Blend the soup until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with Greek yogurt and lemon zest.
Source: Country Living