This delicious recipe is low in cholesterol and high in carbohydrates. Rather opt for whole wheat linguine as whole wheat will help lower your cholesterol further. This recipe yields 6 servings.
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups Red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black pepper
- 170g Uncooked linguine, or any other pasta of your choice (Wholewheat preferably)
- Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
- Heat the Olive oil in a non-stick pan, coated with cooking spray.
- Add red pepper and garlic. Cook uncovered for about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place red pepper mixture in a blender. Add the chopped basil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pulse until smooth. Remember to stop halfway through to scrape down chucks on the side.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- When cooked, serve pasta topped with pepper sauce.
- Garnish with basil.
- Serve & enjoy!
Source: Health .com